AGE AND BABY

What age do you feel is to old to still have a baby? I mean when should you stop having kids? What if your husband said i want another baby what would you say?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when you feel that you wont be able to care for the child/keep up with the child or your dr. says no
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• When you're peri-menopausal,whenever that is for you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Its more of a personal feeling. Its more how old can you see yourself sitting in the stands watching your child graduate? I wanted to get preg before I hit 30 because my parents are both young and having them so young made a world of difference in my life. My mom is barely 45 and I am about to be 26. And she is my best friend. But it all depends on your personal preference.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My husband is deceased, but if he wanted another baby, i would probly talk to talk him out of it. I think when you are Grandparent's, you want to spend time with Grandkids not more kids of your own. unless you are healthy, vibrant, very active, and can afford to raise another child then go for it. Myself i wouldn't start over again. Life is unpredictable and the older you get the more unpredictable life is. And i am just happy to be Grandma.
    mollybleu

Answer by mollybleu at 6:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• "They" say that after 35, more risks entail. My grandma was 41 with her last (my almost 18 year old uncle), and there were a lot of complications. Her heart stopped, and his has a hole in it. He may have Asperger's, and some other learning disabilities, but is very smart...he's a little jerk though. Personally, I don't want any after my late 30's.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• For me, once my oldest child hits 13, I would consider myself too old to have more. 13 years is a huge age gap, I think it's impractical to have more kids once your eldest child(ren) are in their teens.
    P.S. When my daughter turns 13 I will be 34.

But for other people...it really depends. If a woman 40 years of age takes great care of herself, is perfectly fit and healthy, and has the energy of a 25 year old, and wants to have her first child - by all means, go for it. If a woman who's 40 that smokes, drinks a lot, and/or has health issues - high cholesterol or blood pressure, anxiety/depression, thyroid problems, weight problems, diabetes, heart problems, etc - and has never taken proper care of her body wants to have her first child, I think it's a bad idea. As long as you are still HEALTHY and your doctor thinks you are able to safely carry a HEALTHY baby, that's all that really matters.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My parents are divorced and got remarried and had kids but waited til they were 35 and I'm 20 and I have siblings my age they're all under 9 years old and it it kinda weird I don't have that kinda relationship with my siblings and it kinda sucks to be honest. I think that all the kids should be no more than 6-8 years apart cause they need someone to growup with. I also think having a kid after 35 is too old. For me I want to have 3-5 kids by the time I'm 30 cause I don't wanna be 60 years old and have a 20 year old that's just strange to me and they're also health problems that come along with it as well. Hope I could help :)
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i say your to old after 45 but its hard to say it 100% as some women have waited and waited the suddly there 46 and niver had a kid and really wont one its a hard  question

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i have always heard its always safer to have kids before 35, but i think its all up to the husband and wife
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• personally when my body decides its not going to have anymore then i can say im too old..my mom was 20 when she had me 28 when she had my first brother and 37 when my youngest brother was born...(yes that means i was 17 when he was born) while i wouldnt have one at that age after seeing how she felt if i got pregnant at that age or my husband decided he wanted another one i would give it a shot..im 28 now and having my first but i definitnely think it is all up to the family and person getting pregnant...any baby is a blessing no matter when he or she comes
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2011