What Do You Think

The Best Age Seperation Between Siblings Is???

toddler boy I think 1 or 2 yearstoddler girl

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• here's a pic of my daughter about 10mos and her brother at just over 2. They were ready to potty train at the exact same time and it worked out splendid for us. In alot of ways if you time things right it's just like twins only better!!!!

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• either 2 years or under,or 10+ years apart

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• yeah i agree. my kids are 7 yrs apart. but i must say they are really close to each other considering that.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Well, can't say for sure as I'm a proud mom of twins (born 3.5 minutes apart), but I can imagine between 1 and 3 years being pretty ideal. I'm two years younger than my brother and we have always been close.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• 1 or 2 years.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• for me personally, 3 years is perfect....that's how far apart mine are
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my kids are 19 months to the day. If we had it to do again we'd love a few months closer even.

I personally think closer is better.... just my opinion. But it depends on your reasons, too and your family needs. We wanted close kids w/ a ready made and built in friendship. And we got just that.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have 2 girls 17 months a apart and they have grown up loving eachother like bff's but the last girl and the boy are 11 yrs apart and it works out well but it is a drag that I have a 12th grader and I'm starting over with a kid in kindergarten
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 7:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I preferred the 1 year difference between my first 3.

This was the best time...loved it.  They were 16 months, 3 1/2 and 2 1/2.  They are 15 months and 13 months apart.  Now 10, 9 and 8.

There are 3 1/2 years and 4 years between the younger 3.  I always feel like the youngest 2 are left out a lot because they aren't the same age as the older 3 (who have all the same friends and do everything together).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My girls are a year apart - April 4 and April 5

There are some things that are great about them being so close, and some things that aren't so great. I think the ideal timing for me would be around 2-3 years apart.
    DanielleDes

Answer by DanielleDes at 9:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011