Have you ever had a panic attack?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 6:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Health

• Yes. They're horrible.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm on medication for Bipolar and anxiety and suffer from panic attacks often. It's really scary when I have one because I start choking and can't breathe and cry uncontrollably. My meds help tremendously although I still occasionally have them, usually when I'm really stressed or in a situation when I feel like I've lost control and can't manage my environment.
    Roseymagnolia

Answer by Roseymagnolia at 6:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes, only a couple in my life. One was right before I moved across the country. I had been really organized and calm while I was planning the move. My husband had found a job, we had found a townhouse, I had scheduled the moving truck and booked our airline tickets. I was so calm going through my list, even though we planned the move out in only a couple of weeks. I got to the end of my list I think 2 or 3 days before the move, and I was driving down the road to run an errand when I felt myself completely short circuit and flip out. It was the craziest thing ever.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes, when I was learning how to drive. I would think I was dying. lol
    HelenCarlene

Answer by HelenCarlene at 6:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• yes .... they were very debilitating from ages 14-17ish. Now I'm more stuck w/ general anxiety which is still horrible but at least I can find ways to soothe and also know it'll pass. Panic attacks feel never ending and that your life is in jeopardy. Awful.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes a couple of them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• yes,had a few right after my son was born

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yep. Tons. I hate them, and I'm glad I'm on the road to getting better, but the medicine kind of sucks, and I'm not completely 'better'.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It is one of the most scary feelings in the world. I feel like I cant breath and have chest pain. I also have sudden intense sadness without any reason- the kinds you feel when soomone you love very much dies. My blood pressure and pulse go up and I usually cry uncontrollably. I have had to go to the emergency room owth them. I have been taking cymbalta for 2 years and they have pretty much stopped. I still have some issues with anxiety but they usually have a cause of some sort now-not out of the blue. Im going to say this too. My Dr first put me on ativan also. Be careful with this drug. If I was close to being out of the medication then I would have a panic attack because I was afraid I would not have it when I had a panic attack-sounds crazy but that is how dependant I became on it to stop them. I have been off it for 2 years and do much better without it.
    Just be careful. Sometime presciptions are not always helpful.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes I have but I have found non drug related ways to deal with them such as Yoga,Meditation,and finding time for myself,talk therapy.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011