Anyone had any GOOD experiences with Zoloft?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Health

• I take it for anxiety and it is OK. I take it at night and I sleep well. But I also take trazodone for sleep.
    Anonymous

• I took if for over 2 years and it worked very well. When I had gallbladder surgery it seem to stop working. I have been taking cymbalta ever since-over 2 years now-without any problems. I have been on lexpro,prozac,serzone,and effexor too. I have been taking antidepresants for about 13 years. The thing is to give the medication time to work-they say at least 2 weeks-most of mine seem to make a difference way before that. The effexor was the one that I could not take. I was on it for 3 weeks and instead of improvement it made NUTTY. The Dr. said keep taking it but I knew that it wasnt working and was making things worse so after a small disaggrement he changed it to lexapro als within days I was feeling better-not perfect but better. If you see some improvement but not enough tell your Dr. I may just be that the dosage needs to be increased. If you start feeling worse or in my case Nutty-call the Dr and tell them that also.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If you have depression/anxiety than medication can make a world of difference for you and your family-mine know if Im off my meds. Sometimes it just takes a little while to get the right combination of medication. Also If you have anyone in your family-like I do- that thinks you should just suck it up and get over it then do not listen. Clinical depression is caused by your body's inability to keep enough seritonin in you body to regulate your moods. It is no different that a diabetic that needs insulin on medication.
    berryhappy1971

Answer by berryhappy1971 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Nothing bad to report from me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Not good for me...made me really ANGRY!!! but it differes for everyone
    StillWoman22

Answer by StillWoman22 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011