Whats the longest you've ever seen it take to sell a house?

We moved and now I regret it. Our marriage is struggling now. I still have my old house. I could move back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• In 2006 My mother & I looked at house that was on the market, it was over $400,000. It had already been on the market for 3 years Needless to say it is still on the market.....she took it down a $1000. CRAZY

GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• There is a house here that has been for sale for like 10 years.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Forever.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My mother is getting remarried and she and her intended put both their houses on the market figuring that they would sell whichever sold first, and then live in the house that didn't sell (taking it off the market obviously). It can take a long time, particularly if you are not flexible with the price or terms, which they are not flexible. It has been 2 years I think and neither house has sold.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I am a Realtor here in So Cal. If the property is not priced right or it is a pile of s... It can stay on the market forever.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Donna Paul had a great answer.

"The timing of a home on the market all depends on the price that has been placed on the property. It would take 2 days to 12 months to sell a home. It all depends on 1. Location 2. Price 3. Marketing 4. Agent."

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011