What are ur rules/guidelines for when ur child is w/ their father?

My sons father is ignorant and i dont wanna send my son there at all but i have had some recent life changes tht cause me to need him to watch my DS almost half the week. I hate it and feel like a bad mom but i have no other choice. I was thinking (cont)

Logan17000

Asked by Logan17000 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you have this much doubt in the father, I would sue for sole custody and find a reliable "low income" "single mom" sitting service. Check with your local welfare office.
    Fractal_kitten

Answer by Fractal_kitten at 7:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• About writing up my DS's schedule to give to his dad and some things he needs to do/know in order for my to feel my DS is safe and cared for there, he prob wont listen, but I gotta try. Have any of you done this? What r ur rules?
    Logan17000

Comment by Logan17000 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My ex and I share joint custody of our son. My only rule is that I talk to him once a day. Other than that, we try to be consistent with the rules and discipline him in the same way.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I understand. I've done the list thing. My ex does not listen. I jsut explain to my son that there are mommy rules and daddy rules. I might have to remind him that remember, we are at mommy's house now. But it works.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• When my daughter was 17 months I was pregnant and put on bedrest and my dh at the time was living with his parents trying to find us a house in that town...well the dr. said to send the the toddler to dad's and grandma's house or he will put me in the hospital and force the dad to take them.... so when they all got the toddler they did get the run down on what her days were like
    Anonymous

• I agree with Fractal Kitten...if you don't trust him then find alternative support. I have read too many tragic stories where mothers were concerned, but figured "he is the father and will be smart" and sadly end in a dead child. I am in no way suggesting that the father of your child could do this, since I do not know him. I am just offering support for your feelings. As a single mother, you can find other outlets if the father is not responsible. Best wishes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2011