Parenting surprise. What was hard you thought would be easy?

for me I assumed my son would naturally enjoy school, learning, reading, etc..... in my wildest dreams I never assumed that he'd be 6 years old and dreading school each morning. I thought his imagination and high energy level would automatically lead to a lust for learning. WRONG-O.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I thought parenting would be easier as they got older and became more independent, and my biggest challenge would be outside influences and peer pressure. Not the case.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Getting them through elementary school. Deciding if I should start them in kindergarten RIGHT after they turned 5, or wait a year. Dealing with the school system and red tape when there is a concern.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my 6 yr old son hates school too and I don't know why his teacher loves him and he has alot of friends.... his sisters were sooo easy to get up and off to school and they are still that way, lol
    to answer the question though I though communication would be easy but it seems so hard for kids too talk, I loved talking to my mom and now my teen girls and son act as if holding a 2 way conversation is just not in their abilities ... which is hard for me because when they were babies I used to daydream of all of us being close and holding many conversations when they were older
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 7:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• the whole thing to be honest.i thought it would all be eeasy but once they laid my sweet baby on my chest and i realized i was the one who had to take care of her,reality hit me that I WAS THE ONE WHO HAD TO TAKE CARE OF HER lol and i fretted and worried about everything.the hardest thing so far has been disipline for me. i am always worried about going too far one way or the other.
    Gods_Girl1979

Answer by Gods_Girl1979 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'll probably get bashed for this but I thought that I would LOVE listening to my daughter talking to me and singing and all that other stuff but now I really just want her to be quite sometimes lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i think my worst thing was the potty training. i thought it would b a piece of cake and it was the hardest thing i have ever dealt with in terms of tryin to help him learn
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 10:23 PM on Mar. 26, 2011