Is your dh/so cluless in a grocery store

Our son is sick and wanted popcicles and he said he wanted "red white and blue bomb pops" dh goes and gets a different brand and figured they were red white and blue and would be fine but ds said they tasted gross and asked for orange and grape popcicles instead so dh went back to the store and bought huge box of this off brand of orange,red and grape popcicles..ds was bummed because they weren't the brand "mommy buys" but dh said "it was all they had"
Right....I knew they had 10 different boxes with the same colors and instead of picking a simple box of twin pops and he just had to go and get the biggest off brand he could grab, lol, and he also had to get Tylanol and Advil both for kids and he buys 2 bottles, one Advil and another the generic version...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Shopping

• he is a horrible shopper. he does not compare prices ,he is a grab n go kind of guy. once i was too sick to go to the store so i sent him for pads... he came home with tiny pantiliners...he thought they are the same as pads and can't tell the difference.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I do most of the shopping, but hubby can find his way around a supermarket and will bring back exactly what I ask for. If he can not find the brand I want he will call and ask what he should get.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• >.> my dh usually does the shopping he says he doesn't like taking me cause i get expensive stuff
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 7:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Nope my husband is a world class shopper. He thinks of shopping (whether it be food to whatever...lol) as a lifestyle. He takes his shopping very seriously... lol

Has he always been that way.. Nope.. 20 years ago, he really did suck to be quite honest when it came to shopping. Bought things that no one liked, paid more than he should have..etc..etc.

When it came to my husband, I learned this.. If I just gave him a description of what I needed/wanted him to buy, he would buy whatever fit that description.. If I wanted him to buy a specific brand, then I needed to tell him so. Other wise he would just buy something that met the description I gave him instead of the specific brand I was wanting/thinking of. I learned that I could not expect my husband to buy me a very specific brand if I didn't tell him specifically want brand I wanted.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• yes. My DH is completely hopeless. If he goes by himself he will spend the entire time calling me to make sure he's getting exactly the right thing, even though I tell him exactly what to get before he goes.
    As for grocery shopping, forget it. He'd bring home nothing but cans of soup/chili/chef boyardee, frozen dinners, chips and soda. Whatever he can fix in 5 minutes or less. God forbid he actually have to cook something.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• once we were pregnant with twins my husband started shopping because it was too hard on me. now we have 5 kids and shopping is easier than staying with the kids, so he still does the shopping. i don't even have to make a list any more!
    before that though, he was much like your dh!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No. My DH was single for 10 years between his 1st marriage and when we met. So, in the interest of self-preservation, he had to learn how to shop and cook, and can do both very well!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My hubby is the manager at a grocery store so I never go to the store, I give him a list and he brings it home when he gets off work :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Hubs is great in the store. I can't hardly wait for him to recover completely from his auto accident so he can once again be the grocery store shopper.. He makes a list and can get in and out in record time and always does a great job. No problems.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My husband use to work in a supermarket so he pretty much knows his way around but he doesn't do the food shopping I do with my son. He sits in the car and waits for us.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011