Baby hygiene

Do you brush your baby's gums? If you do, when did you start and how often do you do it? Also, how often do you bathe your baby?

JustCantWait88

Asked by JustCantWait88 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started brushing my daughter's gums at about 3 months when I started the cereal and food. That way nothing laid on them when she was sleeping or anything. And I always gave her a bath everyday before bedtime! I just love the smell of a clean baby and it was our nighttime routine and she knew it was bedtime then,
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 2:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• YOu can maassage their gums with a cloth and it's not a bad idea. I started brushing my DD's teeth the day one popped in. We do it twice a day ever since. She went to the dentist at 16 months and is going again this Thursday. she's 2 1/2 . I also got her little flossers that she likes using. Bath every day :) unless it's a late SAturday night at nana's, then we do it Sunday Morning :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• at 6 months, a bath is a good idea every day :) at the very least it gets them used to it...I have friends who didn't do it every day and bath time is a complete nightmare....plus its a fun time for them to get used to water. My DD is 2 1/2 and will remind me if it gets late..."come on mommy, bath time" :) it's fun for her.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I never brushed either of my kids gums. Just their teeth when they got them. When they were newborns they got a bath about every 2 or 3 days. By them time they were crawling they needed a bath pretty much every day..
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Then take advantage of her loving it!! :) Just a good lotion (Burts Bees is fantastic)...my daughter NEVER has dry skin!! And I wash her hair everynight....she sleeps much better after a bath :) The orajel is fine....that's why they make it for babies...a little bit won't hurt them when they swallow it...different than toothpaste.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I started brushing my son's gums the day his 1st tooth popped through. I don't use a tooth brush though because I find it harder to do with him squirming around. I usually wipe them down with a clean wash cloth while he's in the bath tub.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i was told when ds was a newborn, to bath with soap everyother day and in between give a rinse off.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i bushed my dd teeth everyday starting at 4 months! she gets a bath everyday from about 6 months old! once she started crawling! before that i washed her every other day!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I dont brush her gums but she ets a bath every day. Sometimes if we are out ans she shats a lot she gets two baths.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 1:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I bought a gum brush thing for my 6 month old, Orajel. I've used it once, and she seemed to like it. And I bathe her about once a week...she doesn't crawl yet, so I don't see the need for more? Unless her little neck is stinky...lol.
    JustCantWait88

Comment by JustCantWait88 (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011