Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and ttc

Has anybody with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome been able to successfully conceive without help?

vroberts3677

Asked by vroberts3677 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I was diagnosed with PCOS. I did IVF with my first, but 4 months after I had my daughter I got prgnant with my son on my own.
    NadiaAnn

Answer by NadiaAnn at 10:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i have it and took glucophage for my first one and conceived. my second one came by surprise and no meds. i lost weight for both of them, which i was told is very helpful. i was not that big, but not at what i should weigh for my height. good luck
    luckymefor2kids

Answer by luckymefor2kids at 10:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I don't have it personally, but as a doula and childbirth educator I can tell you I have seen and worked with many moms who have successfully gone on to have babies with and without help! PM me if you ever want to talk.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i have pcos and i got pregnant with out help but i have a hard time keeping now im on glucophage and im having trouble getting pregnant if you want to talk im here
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• it took one month taking metaphormin and 50 miligrams of clomid after almost a year of nothing and i got pregnant with my son whos 8 mons and am wondering if i am pregnant again i have had pco my whole life its hard.
    But find a doctor that will help you and explain your situation to them and how long youve been trying. The problem with pco is you dont have periods regularly and hardley ovulate its harder to get prego with out help from a doctor who can moniter things that go on it dosent have to be expensive i had no insurance when i did this.
    christinaAmber

Answer by christinaAmber at 11:42 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• 3 miscarriages, and 3 live births. No outside intervention.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Let me add I always concieved when I had sex on the last day of my period, or the day after
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:46 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Yes, twice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2008