HUSBAND and KIDS

What do you do when your husband starts to house play inside with the kids and you have told them not to and no its wrong and you say someone will get hurt or some thing will get broken?... No body listens to you do you still say some thing to stop it or do you walk a way from it?..

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sorry I usually join in!?
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• The first thing you should do is call your husband to the side away from the children, and then let him know that you have told the kids that playing inside is a no no and by him doing that with them makes them not respect your rules. Let him know that you'd rather him work with you than against the rules you've set!
    Mommylovesu2011

Answer by Mommylovesu2011 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Rough play is ok if a parent is involved...in my house anyway.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• When my son was growing up, playing in the house wasn't wrong..

IF I were a mom who did not want playing in the house, and my husband was playing with our son in the house.. I would sit down with my husband and we would have to have a discussion about playing in the house. Lay everything out on the table: why I felt it was "wrong" (to use your term), why I felt he should not encourage it, etc.. I would then need to sit and listen to my husband's feelings about the whole situation. Then hopefully we would come to an agreement and be on the same page. If not, then we would have to come up with a workable/happy/livable compromises for all involved.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Thanks mom's LOL i dont mind the playing and yes its ok for the kids to play in the house. I ment like when its out of control like the basketball.. I know every time some one comes to me crying cause they got hurt.
    butterflies78

Comment by butterflies78 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Men can be more frustrating than the kids, with this. Im at a loss sometimes, if he instigates the roughhousing and wont listen. I hope it doesnt take something getting broken, to get them to rein it in, go outside or play something else.
    JLP2009

Answer by JLP2009 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my husband is too lame and boring for rough housing but his bff gets pretty rough with kids and it just makes me cringe and his wife doesn't even bother to step in....I would suggest that when the kids are in bed and all is calm start a conversation about his rough housing but find the right words so he doesn't become defensive.....maybe like " I think it's great how you love the kids and want to play but sometimes I fell it gets out of hand and it scares me..I mean what if something went wrong" yeah sounds cheesey but it's the type of talk they do listen to...you can say anything it is 90% of how you say is what is important
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 9:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011