has any one had cps take their children?

I was going through depression about my parent's death,my middle daughter wouldn't listen to me,no matter what I did to try and get here to listen to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Im so sorry sweetie.My bil's ex got her kids taken away(cuz of drugs)and i got custody of her little girl for a while.it took her a good while to get them them back cuz she wasnt doin what they said.So the only advice id have for someone goin though that is to just do what they ask you to do.Have they took your children or do you just think that they are goin to?
    Anonymous

• I assume your daughter was taken by CPS during this time. Did they give you guidelines to follow so you can get your daughter back and do you have visitations with her? All you can do at this point is move forward doing all that you can and better your life. If you're allowed contact with her then keep in communication at all times when possible and let her know you still love her and you're fighting to get her back.
    I am sorry for the loss of your parents. I could not imagine what you have had to go through.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I'm not sure if you mean your daughter was removed from your home or if you want cps to assist you with your daughter's behaviors. I am a social worker and have a lot of experience with social services. Unfortunately if you are having behavioral issues and ask for help, and have very limited resources, there is very little help. Despite parents asking for help our current system is only set up to penalize a parent and not provide them with financial assistance to get the help that is needed. A shame really. But if a child is removed there are some options. As a parent you could do everything the treatment plan dictates and work closely with your case manager. You also could try and have input in the treatment plan. It just depends on your county and the case manager. It also depends on the nature of the alligations. Be cooperative and help isn't a bad thing.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2008