Extensions.

do your's get extremely tangled and look nothing like your real hair until you keep messing with them? i bought the %100 human hair one's that the store said were good quality but they look extremely messed up if i don't straighten them and put ALOT of product in them. any suggestions?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 8:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• YES------ Bump
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It's totally normal. I have been doing extensions professionally and wear them myself. Here are a few things to help you understand.
    I've seen hair that costs $600 tangle. What was the brand of hair? What type of hair is it? Fusion, tracks? Some are more notorious for that than others.

You hair gets nutrients from the natural oils on your scalp. Extensions don't get that as easily.
    NEVER go to bed without your hair in a loose braid and covered.
    DO NOT go to bed with wet hair.

I can better help you with more info. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Take them to the salon and ask for recommendations. They can help you find the exact products and suggestions you need.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Also, when people are trying to sell hair they'll tell you that they are all high quality. Hair comes from many places and goes through a lot of stress to be processed and sterilized. The ingredients they use to do so can vary.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Are you using the reccomended care products, including the proper shampoos and conditioners for hair extensions? You can pretty much ruin hair by using stuff you can buy at walmart. If I think of anything else, I'll get back to ya.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011