What do you do when your child is extra talkative and your tired of talking, but don't want to spend your day telling the child to go sit down?

Mommylovesu2011

Asked by Mommylovesu2011 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• hope they grow out of it soon
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Short answers. "Oh ok" "Hmmm" "I see". I hate ignoring my son when he talks to me but sometimes I need a break from the chatter!
    Anonymous

• I try te yeah ok baby, but it comes back to haunt me because she remembers everytime I say yeah ok, then comes back with more questions! This happens all day long!
    Mommylovesu2011

Comment by Mommylovesu2011 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Have a few scheduled quiet times during the day where no one talks and she plays quietly coloring or such. Make it fun and interesting and say your throat/voice needs a break and hers does too. Just one idea.......
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• remind myself that soon he won't want to talk to me & I should enjoy it. If it's really bad I tell him we need some quiet time and gon into another room for a few minutes.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2011