Vacation Rentals???

Okay we are going down to Georgia . We are staying in the Sheraton in Atlanta for 2 days, then driving down to Florida.  . Anyway looking last night we found this place and it seems really good and we have been communicating with the owners and they will be sending us a paypal invoice for the deposit we watched the video, read the reviews and it seems perfect. I have only ever stayed in hotels and we all know I am a germophobe. So tell me have you ever stayed in a place like this and how does it work. I am just freaked a bit because in hotels they have usually the mattresses are encased so you are not laying on some mattress filled with other's body fluids etc. Are the sheets washed, do I bring my own? ( I sent her an email with the info she needed from us) I mean It is the only thing that has me freaked out. I have even thought since they have on site laundry that I will strip the beds, wash the sheets and bedding and remake them. But then I worry about the mattress. I know I am crazy and irrational and I need some people to calm me down so I don't stress my dh and the kids the whole vacation thinking we are going to pick up some life-threatening illness. I told you I am crazy, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Travel

• So are you staying at someones place or a hotel? If it's someones place, that's how my family usually vacations! I personally feel it is cleaner than hotels! I worked at hotels in my younger years in housekeeping and I can tell you they rarely washed the bedspreads! Yep that's disgusting but they only washed them if there was a spill or something!When we vacation , we go about it the same way you are and the place was always clean. Most of them have policies where cleaning companies come and clean in between each renter so honestly i would trust that sooo much more than I would a hotel. If I were you I'd rest easier and you can always ask if there are washers and dryer right there, there always has been for us. Have fun and enjoy yourself!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It is a really nice upscale place where there are 3 condos that the owners rent out as a business. There are washer and dryers on site. Guess I just feel that hotels have certain policies they have to follow, you know. I know about the bedspreads, they are the first thing I take off and put in the corner of the room. LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I use rental homes everytime i go to Orlando, they are great and very very clean, i go through VRBO.COM so i can only vouch for them so far, but it'sthe only way i travel anymore! All the homes have screened pools etc,, its great!! If your going to be scared of germs, be scared of hotels..lol did you ever see so of the 20/20 specials? lol Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We have stayed in many, many hotels/motels and have never caught anything. But just to set your mind at ease maybe you should take your own bed sheets just incase you don't like the ones you see on their beds. Also, take a can of bathroom cleaner and Lysol if it makes you feel a little better. ;-) Oh, one more thing I would suggest taking some house shoes so that you don't walk bare foot on the carpet/floor. Just try to have fun. =]
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Sounds fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am actually sitting in a vacation rental on the North shore of Oahu.. Beautiful beach front property and all I can hear is the sound of the waves hitting the sand. We have rented homes all over the globe and have never had a bad experience!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• This place is listed on vrbo, and it has rave reviews everywhere I look.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• VRBO is who we always go through too atleast for the past 6 years and have never been dissapointed!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2011