How do I get my daughter to stop hurting my pregnant cats?

She has been mistreating my animals since I got them. I have shown her how to treat them and display this everyday. She is the only one who does this in our household. I have explained to her that hurting the cats makes them sad and cry. My daughter is five years old and does love the cats, but continues to hurt them.

fjh1977

Asked by fjh1977 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Then you need to find the cats another home.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It is not fair to the cat for you to not MAKE your daughter behave. How do you get her to stop other things? Please manage to teach your child to respect animals or rehome them.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Do you discipline her when she miss treats them? How do you try to "teach" her that what she is doing is wrong?
    And the cats are pregnant? What is she going to do when they have kittens and the kittens can't defend themselves?
    I wish I have some solid advice but I don't. Clearly what you are doing isn't working, maybe try talking to a vet or googling and see if other stories come up with advice. If not, please find a new homes for the cats they do not deserve to be abused because you can't control your daughter's behavior around them.
    Anonymous