LIPSTICK

HERE IS MY QUESTION,HOW CAN I MAKE MY LIPSTICK LAST LONGER WHILE WEARING IT? WITHIN 30 MINS AFTER APPLYING IT, IT WEARS OFF. IS THERE A WAY I CAN MAKE IT LAST LONGER?

cathycat

Asked by cathycat at 8:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i know what you mean, but because i cant afford the lipstick that doesnt rub off when you eat and drink, the only advice might be to put a powder foundation over it, if its a lipgloss, then that might not make sense.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• OH,I HAVE TRIED THOSE LIPSTICKS THAT CLAIM NOT TO COME OFF BUT THEY DO. I TRIED COVER GIRL(I FORGOT THE NAME OF IT BUT I THINK IT'S OUTLAST) ANYWAY, IT DOES COME OFF A LITTLE BIT AND WHAT'S LEFT IS LITTLE PIECES LEFT BEHIND...EWWWW
    cathycat

Answer by cathycat at 8:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Line your lips completely with a lip liner then lipstick on top. Using long lasting lip color (all day wear) dries out my lips. Wish that I could have best of both worlds, but the lip liner is kinder to the lips than the all day wear.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Do you rub your lips together often or lick your lips? You can try this & see if it works for you..Start with a matching lipliner & outline your lips & fill them in with the lip liner as well. Apply lipstick over the lips evenly & then blot with tissue. Go back over the the lips again with the lipstick & then LIGHTLY brush(blush brush) the lips with baby powder. Don't try to use a Gloss because it has a tendency to come off throughout the evening. If you like a little sheen to your lips, just make sure you use lipstick that has a shine to it.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Apply concealer around the outside of your lip line. Apply your lipstick - liner IF you need it. Get a single sheet of tissue, place over your lips and pat with loose powder. The tissue keeps excess powder off your mouth, yet allows just enough to "set" the color. Never put lip balm over lipstick - the oils "eat away" and smudge the color.
    Anonymous

• Use foundation over your lips or primer -- and let it "set" for a few minutes. Applying products too quickly on top of one another can make it easier to come off. Avoid glosses.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I agree foundation or primer helps. Also use lip pencil all over your lip in a 2 step process. then 2 lipsticks with lip brush. It truely helps when you do this.. I learned it all from Krista Embry a famous make up artist. Heres her site http://www.iyinow.com/index.asp?myid=4622
    She has a DVD anyone can get and tons of info!!
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 12:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I've tried all kinds of long-lasting lipsticks because I simply don't have or take the time to check out the mirror throughout the day. I finally found one that seems to work better than anything else I've tried: Maybelline Superstay Gloss. It has color in one end and a brush-on clear-coat in the other end. You have to wait 2 minutes between applying the color, and applying the clear-coat in order for it to be effective, and don't go overboard on the clear gloss, even though it does feel WONDERFUL! One other tip I've found in many years of experiments, is to open your mouth fully and really stretch out your lips when applying lip color. That way it gets into those teeny tiny cracks and wrinkles in the surface of your lips.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I am a long-time lipstick maniac. I finally found a formula that WORKS without being dry. It is LOREAL Infallible gloss. It goes on like a gloss, but the shine settles down dramatically, and it looks like a lipstick. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I am on my third tube. Let me know if you try it.
    AmoricanMom

Answer by AmoricanMom at 9:34 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Hello Cathycat,

How are you? My name is Cassandra Lane, I am a Representative and a Beauty Advisor for Avon Cosmetics.  If you are in search of long-wearing lipstick,  I recommend Avon's Perfect Wear Extralasting Lipstick ($8.00).  This particular brand provides 8hrs of color.   I would also recommend Avon's Ultra Color Rich 24k Gold Lipstick-this is a new brand, but it is long lasting as well.  Regular price for this particular brand is $8.00, but right now it is on sale for $4.99  Here is where to get these items http://www.youravon.com/morrislane  When you've logged on to the website, click the "Makeup" tab, and go to the "Lips" category and click "Lipstick".   On that same page, you are also able to read the reviews/testimonials on those particular items.   Best to you♥.

MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 2:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008