Mother of 1 soon to be mother of 2 best stroller and baby monitor?

Hi! I am a mother of a 19 month old baby girl and am due for my second daughter on my first daughters 2nd birthday! Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for double strollers and also for monitors that can switch back and forth between cameras. My two year old will be in a full side bed so I dont feel comfortable with her not having one!! Help PLEASE!! lol! <3

Ericaanne85

Asked by Ericaanne85 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know if you can get a double stroller with a reversable handle, so Baby/babies can have the option of facing you or facing where you're going, but I had one of those and loved it.

Avoid strollers with pump-up tires, though!! What a headache THEY are when the tire gets flat. Not fun.

Sorry can't help with the monitors... never had one. We co-sleep.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I bought a Graco Duo Glider. IT IS TERRIBLE!!! The few months I did use it I kept seeing a stroller called the "Sit and Stand" It seemed like an ideal stroller for any parent with a new baby and a child who is a little older and able to walk and listen well. I would recommend looking into this model.
    also, make sure your new stroller has a 5-point harness. I thought this was a standard feature on strollers now- the lame ass duo glider did not have one and I didn't think to check for it before we purchased it (silly pregnant brain).
    We have a basic 2-way monitor we found at a garage sale. it is fine. with 2 kids you learn how to juggle a lot more- and your hearing gets a lot better.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have a BabyTrend double sit n stand. It's a regular double stroller, but when your older one gets old enough you can pop off the back seat and it becomes a regular sit n stand. Mine are 20 months apart and I have loved it! Our monitor is a Summer Infant Day and Night and can switch back and forth between the cameras in their rooms. It has worked well for us.

Answer by missanc at 9:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• As far as baby monitors go - I have no idea! My older sister has one that is 6 years old, it was a First Years, I believe, and it had 3 monitors and one reciever that just rotated through. When I had my daughter, I searched everywhere for it - but it was discontinued. Never found another like it. Do you already have a video monitor? I used to work at a well-known baby store, and we would get at least 1 or 2 video monitor returns a day. They never work like people think they are going to. I'm not familiar with one that can monitor two rooms. You may just have to carry two recievers. I recommend this one:

It's a Philips.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:12 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• As for strollers - are you looking for a double stroller? Either way, I recommend a Combi. They can take a car seat and fold down to practically nothing. Plus, they are super light-weight.

or

DusterMommy

• BUT, if you can do without the cool color and double-seats, I would totally go for the BabyTrend Sit-and-Stand. It weighs almost nothing and fits in any trunk.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Oh, the BabyTrend Sit and Stand that missanc mentioned would be ideal if your oldest would still fit -

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011