My bf is insecure at times, in regards to my ex, with whom I share kids. He seems to forget that we will be in each others lives for always. His jealousy comes out at the wierdest times, coated with sarcasm and whatnot. I dont need that, Ive got enough stress. How can I get it thru his head, that I m so in love with him, nothing will touch that??

JLP2009

Asked by JLP2009 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• i deal with the same stuff from my husband but his is over him bein locked up so he thinks im out messing around then pops off that he knows better after upsettin me. Best thing i have found is to let him have his moment then calmly tell him that he is my one and only and i dont want anyone else. N try to convince him and when i cant i jus tell him look i give u no reason to believe i would ever want him back. Is there something i need to know bout u and ur ex and he usuall y quits.
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 9:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Pinkdragon is right. Jealousy to this extent is just ONE sign of an abuser and/or controller. And it's a major one. With my second husband, I had to account for every minute that I spent away from home. Even going to the store. But, he started staying out all night and even sometimes for 2 to 3 days. It was the beginning of a real nightmare. Pay attention to other things he does. Do you have to account for everything you do? Does he ask too many questions about where you've been, who you talked to, where you shopped? Does he criticize your housekeeping? The way you treat your kids? The way they act? The way you dress? Be careful.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• This is a sign of a controller or an abuser and you are not going to change it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• All you can do is tell him that nothing is going on. He has to trust you!
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Men need to be reassured and having children with another man will insure that he needs it often.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• If you have to reassure him more then once its just control on his part.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• THAT WILL BE HARD , HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN WITH HIM ? TRUST TAKES AWHILE
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• He might of had issues with a relationship with another that went back to the ex....
    terep001

Answer by terep001 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• just keep showing him and keep minimal contact with your ex
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2011