I need help from some of the mommy veterans on here please...

Okay this might get a little and confusing but pls bear with me... I went in to labor on my own on Thursday, by my period I was 35w 2d right, when I got to the hospital they were looking over my records and they were saying that I was only 33w 3d so they spent 13hrs stopping my labor. Well about 14hr after getting to the hospital the doc orders an U/S and miss Bekah ends up measuring 35w 5d!!! So they got my labor stopped just to tell me I could have had her O.o Well I am home and super sore but I don't think she is going to stay bc I started signs of labor on the 13th and then went in to labor on the 24th so my question is: How do I get my water to break when I start contracting on my own again? I am hoping she will hold off for a few days so I can recuperate from my 22hr labor but I don't want to go to the hospital until my water breaks or until the pain is unbearable instead of going at the 1st sign that she is coming. Any advice would be VERY appreciated! Thank you :)

I think I need to reword this a little bit... I am not wanting to put myslef into labor or intentionally break my water, I just want to know

if there is anything I can do to encourage my water to break when real contractions and laboring start back up. I know I cant break it myself or in

an unclean environment lol:)

Lena-Loo

Asked by Lena-Loo at 9:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your water breaking does not mean labor will be happening quickly. In fact if it does break and you don't have her in 24 hrs,you risk infection

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't wait until labor progresses. In my experience, she will come fast now that she has been ready and they stopped her. You can't stop a women!!! I don't know about breaking the water. Mine was always broke for me.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• When I went to labor everything thing was progressing really well, the only thing that stopped it was the doc. I guess Im just afraid that all the meds might mess with my progression next time and I dont want to go to the hospital until my water breaks if I can help it...
    Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• DON'T TRY TO BREAK YOUR WATER. Instead what you do is try to speed up labor - scrub floors, walk, have sex. Some women do not have their water break naturally. Some women have extremely thick membranes and their water has to be broken during labor BY A DOCTOR IN A CLEAN ENVIRONMENT!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I had mine broken at the hospital...I went in when I experienced butterflies...they told me I was in labor...they can progress it too, so its strange that they didnt do that for you. I've always heard that walking can induce you....more love making as well!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Okay:) this is my first so its just kinda made me paranoid. i dont want them to stop it again:/
    Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My water didn't break with either of my kids. I waited until pains were about 3 minutes apart.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• To twinsplus2more: (sorry i don't know how to quote) They told me they would not do anything to progress my labor until I am 36 weeks(there time) unless my water breaks... I can get my contraction and things going I just dont know how to get it to break if I really have to... I really dont think she is going to stay in 2 weeks bc I can walk around for 5min or so and they start back up..
    Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• with all of my kids my water never broke on its own. i would go when the pain was to much. walk as much as you can. good luck and God bless you both.
    lizlil

Answer by lizlil at 9:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011