Position question.

I know sleeping on your left side is best, but is it ok to sleep on your right too? I flip, I obv. don't sleep on my belly and if I try on my back, I lose breath. So I'm wondering.
And DON'T write: we can't answer that, we're not doctor's. :-|
I am seriously not calling my flippin' doctor over this.
lol.
[i'm 25wks and 3 days].

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• whatever is comfortable for you.

yeah some women even pass out when they sleep on their back (because the baby is putting too much pressure on the nerves and the blood circulation gets messed up).

I always slept on my right side when i was pregnant. Well almost always. But I always do that. Turning around while asleep got really painful in the last 5-8 weeks of my pregnancy - the belly was way too heavy. lol

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I was a flip flopper myself, with a ton of pillows. Some to support my back, my belly, my legs. I can't believe my husband had any room on the bed.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 8:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Sleep however you feel comfortable. And enjoy being able to turn over while you still can =D Like m.robertson said...it gets VERY difficult to turn over in the last few weeks. I'm 36 weeks and I'm almost in tears every single time I have to get up to pee or roll over at night. The belly is just too friggin heavy O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You can sleep on either side. If you get high blood pressure then they want you to sleep on your left side because the blood flow is not restricted.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 8:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I have to sleep on my right side a lot...and if I wake up on my back it isn't with shortness of breath, its with intense pressure on my vagina and butt and it has been leading to contractions for some reason. I just use pillows to help keep me on my sides which can be quite a pain because every time I roll over, I have to stuff myself back into position with the pillows, but its working at least.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2008