Am I the only mother that gets emotional when my husband wants to discipline the kids? Like I'd rather be the one because I just hate it when he does it!

Mommylovesu2011

Asked by Mommylovesu2011 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• no u are not my daughter age 8 was disciplined by her father just a few days ago and all he did was spank her on the hand and I was in tears I had to leave the room. I also had to realize that she needed to be punished because we gave her several verbal warnings before hand and she did not listen. so even though it hurt the both of us to discpline her some times its needed .u just have to step back sometimes ,also as long he is not abusing your babies!
    DanielleMya03

Answer by DanielleMya03 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I know how you feel mama, I'm the same way. We've had some major arguments over that in the beginning but after many fights, he now see's it my way! it is sooo hard to see that though, good luck and speak your mind!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It breaks my heart when it has to be done. He wields the heavy hand and occasionally has to spank. Luckily it isn't often but it still hurts to have him do it. It seems to get the point across better than wehn do it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, you're not alone. It breaks my heart when he disciplines her....especially because he is less patient than me. When she cries it just breaks my heart, because she is not used to him disciplining her..it's always me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I do too. My DH is really hard on the kids, IMO. But he thinks I'm too soft.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• no you are not alone on this and another thing that makes me so mad is my husband will get the boys to get in his lap or sit by him and then start tickling them to the point of making them cry and they are begging him to stop and he won't and then if I say anything he gets all nasty and yelling at me.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• THANKS MOMS,I REALLY NEEDED THAT! ALL OF YOU WERE HELPFUL!
    Mommylovesu2011

Comment by Mommylovesu2011 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011