ANYONE HAVE A RECIPE FOR AN OLD FASHION APPLE PIE.. I NEED THE PIE CRUST...

ROBIN54

Asked by ROBIN54 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Apple Pie
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Pie-I/Detail.aspx

Pie Crust
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Ever-Pie-Crust/Detail.aspx

Read the reviews on the pie crust

Hope that helps, Good Luck!
    KeBe

Answer by KeBe at 8:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I have a recipe from my great grandma. No fail.
    2 cups flour
    1 cup shortening
    1/2 c water.
    dash salt.
    Cut the shortening into the flour and salt until crumbly. Add water and stir together with a big spoon until sticky. For 9" pies devide into 4 equal balls. For 10" pies it makes 3. Flour the serface and roll the ball of dough in the flour. I like to add flour to it with my hands until it is not sticky anymore. pat the ball down and roll out. put in pan. fold the dough under and flute the edges.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 8:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Im just finishing my pies right now. I run a concession all summer and I usually make between 2 and 6 pies a weekend. I have alot of people who come just for the pie. good luck.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 8:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My mom's no-fail pie crust recipe uses the good old "half-half-half" rule. You can alter it depending on how many or how large of pie crusts you need:
    2 cups of flour (then "half" that for shortening)
    1 cup of shortening (then "half" that for water)
    1/2 cup of water (then "half" that for salt, but salt is tsp, not cups)
    1/4 teaspoon of salt
    Use shortening, not butter or another substitute. A pastry cutter works best for blending the flour and shortening, but if you don't have one, use a fork not a spoon. Another secret is to sift your flour; it keeps the dough from clumping. When you roll it out, don't re-flour the surface more than once or your dough will turn tough. After you put it in the pie tin, use a fork and poke the sides and bottom to keep it from getting bubbles while it bakes.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• crust: its called betty crocker ready crust in the refridgerator section. roll it out, put a little rolling pen on it to stretch it to fit. boom, done! Apple pie receipt: slice granny smith apples thin. about 6-7 apples. in a bowl, put melted butter, sugar (white sugar& brown sugar)cinnamon, a dash of salt, and apples.toss the apples to completely cover them. lay themout into the pie crust. put a lattice top or full cover top on. cut air holes in crust. sprinkle crust with cinnamon & a little sugar. bake about 1 hour @ 350. GOOD! hope this helps
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Another tip - Keep all your crust ingredients cold! I put the flour in the fridge the night before and keep the shortening there all the time, use ice cold water, and try not to stir too much when you're adding the water. Then I wrap the dough in plastic wrap and throw it into the fridge for half hour before rolling it out. It's so flaky this way!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:46 AM on Nov. 27, 2008