For those single mothers. How long have you been a single mother?

I have been a single mother for 3 years. My oldest dad has never been there for him and my youngest took the job and then I had my youngest and my ex is in another state and he does not help in any way and only calls like once a month.

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not a full-blown single mom, but I kind of am right now...DH is in the Army, and has been gone since last September (I had DD in October). He'll be home in April, and I'm so happy. I would hate to do this in the long run, and I congratulate those that do (the right way, that is)!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have been a single mom for almost 3.5 years -- and my daughter is almost 4:-) He is not in our lives either. But I am kind of glad -- I would go crazy having to share her:-)
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I've always been a single mom. I was pregnant for a month before I broke up with that boyfriend. but I didn't KNOW I was pregnant until two weeks after I broke up with him. He "didnt believe me" and doesn't care to be involved. (its better this way though he's not a good guy)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i was a single mother for lil over 3 years before i got married.
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 10:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• 5 years. Since my dd was born. Dad is around and involved but we don't live together.
    reaandiziesmama

Answer by reaandiziesmama at 10:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• 15 years. I've dated on and off, even been with guys seriously (i.e. two-ish years) but I've never had anyone else help to financially or emotionally support me or the kids.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I was a single mom for 20+ years.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have been a single parent for five years. My son's father has a supervised visitation him once a month.
    rec104

Answer by rec104 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2011