Should I home school next year. my 9yr.old has Aspergers.and many other problems?

lizlil

Asked by lizlil at 9:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Health

• That's up to you. Weigh all the pro's and con's and decide

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• friends of ours did the same thing for the same reason plus he was being bullied. seems to me they did it to run from the problem instead of addressing it. Its your decision just make sure you aren't doing it for the wrong reason. IMO, if you're not trained to teach an autistic child, i wouldn't even consider it... again, just my opinion.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I too have a friend whose child has this, I'm sure if you called or e-mailed Corrie @ It's My Heart.com in Houston Tx she could refer you to some wonderful help.
    vpopscook

Answer by vpopscook at 9:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Personally I don't think I would just as long as there is a school around that will make accommodations for your child. We got lucky that we lived in a school district with a great special needs program. My brother has Noonans syndrome, similar to downs. I know it's not the same but his class was very beneficial to him and his social skills and life skills and kept him involved in the community. If your child has a good place to go then I think it's ok that you can get some time to yourself while your child is at school. It will be much more stressful if your child stays at home with you all the time. Then again if the schools around you are not beneficial to your child then I would consider home school and possibly even moving to a better school district.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 10:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Bump sweetie.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I homeschool and in the groups I have been in I have seen kids w/ autism and aspergers. Nice kids, great parents. Both the mom's that I know personally have told me they wouldn't do it any other way than to homeschool. That the kids really flourished w/ homeschooling.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2011