How much milk does your 13 month old drink?

DD was breastfed until about a year old. We did baby led weaning- and now that I see how much milk she drinks a day I am amazed that I could ever keep up with her insatiable appetite.
She drinks a gallon of milk every 2 days. She eats A LOT of food also. She is in the 60% for weight and 70% for height and is very active.

I am just wondering how much milk your kid drinks before I call my pedi to ask what he thinks.
Thanks:)

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 9:49 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My baby is 19 months. He nurses twice a day and drinks about 8 oz of cows milk per day.
    hopinforanother

Answer by hopinforanother at 9:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my granson snacks most of the time, drinks all day long both juice and milk. Milk for breakfast and nighttime. juice during the day. he eats decent , but is a snacker. kids dont always eat the same every day keep a journal and then you can average it out
    ice05

Answer by ice05 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My son is 13 now, but when he was 1-2 years old he drank about a gallon of milk every 2 days. By time he was 3 or 4 years, the Dr. told me to cut him back. I thought it was fine, because milk is good for halthy bones. Dr. told me that drinking that much milk at that age can harm their bones and their teeth. I cut him back at that age. Now he drinks about 32 oz a day. I do also, so I can not really get on him for the amount of milk he drinks. I would ask her Dr. if it is ok for her to continue drinking the amount she is drinking. In my opinion every Dr seems to have their own opinion.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 9:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My almost 13 month old is still predominantly breastfed, he only eats a small amount of solids.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my 13 month old gets 6-8oz a day! im EP so she gets half breast milk half almond milk at night and water during the day!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• what does EP mean?
    bloomsr

Comment by bloomsr (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• EP--exclusively pumping

My ped said that they don't need anymore than 1/2 their weight in oz of milk--ie 24 lbs should drink 12 oz of milk.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• My 13 mo old couldn't do any more than about 8 oz of milk. She still can't do more than about 12 oz a day. Any more and she gets constipated from the protein in the cows milk.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• That is a lot of milk. Keep an eye on her iron, as too much dairy can leach iron from the body.

How much water does she drink? Is she having too much liquid and not enough food?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• well my ds is 24 mts but he only drinks milk once in a while. and only one cup or with cereal. cow milk is not very good. it has been linked to diabities and other stuff. and she is drinking way to much milk, it can caused her to be anemic.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011