potty training?

ok so i posted one earlier in regards to my 17 month old who i was gonna try to potty train. ive been thinkning and taking in a lot of advice he doesnt at all seem interested in the potty anymore he screams if i try to sit him on the potty and ive heard from lots of friends and moms on hear that if i wait til he's a little loder like 2yrs old ill have a much easier time potty training but is it ok to stop now i only tried it for a few days i just dont want to confuse him any advice would be great thanx ladies

kaszilynn88

Asked by kaszilynn88 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well i know from family, friends and pediatrician, that once you started you should keep it up. Its really hard. We are having a hard time too with our little girl. Shes freaking out sometimes. But she is freaking out even more when her pants are wet. haha..

she ist almost 17months now.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• he isnt even a year and a half yet. i say it is way to early. let him get comfortable with the chair first. i have had the potty in our bathroom since she was 14 mos and my dd loves her chair. i have been waiting until she can tell what peeing or pooing feels like. she is almost 19 mos and is showing signs. wait until HE is ready.
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 12:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I STARTED POTTY TRAINING ABOUT 18 MONTHS OLD AND HE DID GOOD FOR A WEEK OR TWO THEN SHOWED NO INTEREST SO I STOPED AND THEN STARTED BACK A FEW MONTHS LATER AND HE'S BEEN PEEING INTHE POTTY SINCE HE WAS 22 MONTHS. WE HAVE HAD NO SUCESS WITH POOPING BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S BECAUSE I STOPPED AND STARTED BACK.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2008