My son's eye is watering like crazy, what might be the cause of this?

It is not red and the tears are clear. it is only one eye and it runs from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed continuously

CarVan

Asked by CarVan at 10:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I t could be allergies. I would check it out with the Dr. though if it's been more than a day or two.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Very well could be allergies! That is one of my biggest issues, itchy watery eyes. How old is he? Can you ask him if they itch? You could take him in if he keeps on and they can give kids (at a certain age) allergy meds.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• it just started on wed. and there has been no change in weather or the house so i am not sure it is allergies
    CarVan

Comment by CarVan (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• he could be gettin hay fever. my son gets it ever now and then. as long as his eyes dont start turnin red u dont have to worry bout pink eye. if he is old enough try for clartinor benedryl. its what my son is on for it
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 10:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• he is 2 so i am not sure what he can take. How do they get hay fever?
    CarVan

Comment by CarVan (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Do you have any pets? Does your child play outside alot amongst the trees and grass? It sounds like allergies. It might help to give your child an over the counter allergy medication for children (ask the Pharmacist for a recommendation). Use it for a couple of days. If it doesn't clear up, check with your pediatrician.
    Chiqui52

Answer by Chiqui52 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• it is winter here still, no grass and no leaves on the trees yet. we do have a dog but we have had her since before he was born.
    CarVan

Comment by CarVan (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i would take him to the doctor he could have a prob with his tear duct
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2011