Would you go to the hospital if...

you were having contractions so painful you couldn't stand?
lost your mucas plug and started bleeding?
were worried about your babys fetal movement?

I have seen a lot of questions like this on here tonight. The worst thing that happens if you go to the hospital and you aren't in labor is you get sent home. but you might be having a baby tonight!! GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS!!
now turn off your computer and go to the damn hospital:)

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 10:25 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I agree! I'd rather look foolish than be foolish!!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• BridgetC140 is right I had preterm labor with my daughter and I would have had a very permature child had I not recognized the symptoms and gone to the hospital. They were able to stop my labor and give her more time to develop.

On the other hand if you are full term keep in mind that if your contractions are not so strong that they stop you in your tracks or even mid sentence then you ar eprobably not in active labor. With my son I was back and forth to the hospital thinking that it was finally time just to get sent home.

The main thing is that you follow your instincts and go to the hospital if you are concerned....no one knows your body or your baby like you. Good Luck.
    hlbhembree

Answer by hlbhembree at 11:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No shit!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• get to the hospital
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 10:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Amen!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes, every little moment is precious. I had a preterm labor in 2000. For a day and a half, I had a dull lower back pain...just thought it was a pregnancy symptom. Then I lost my mucus plug and there was blood...I immediately went to the hospital, but it was already too late.....I was septic from being dilated and baby was also. Don't hesitate to go....your baby's and your own life may depend on it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I'm so sick and tired of people asking if they could be in labor. Do what we all did before the internet, and go get checked. I can't reach my hand through the screen to check you cervix.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yes Id be going to the hospital.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• weelll i dont blame them ..there has been a few false alarms..and hey thats why cafe mom is here right??..so women can asked questions..its sad that some ppl have to be rude and judge..!!
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i had my daughter at 36 weeks and 5 days i just had pain like a little above where your pubic hair line was it was soo strong it made me cry it started on christmas eve finally on christmas i went in at 10pm because i started throwing up and the pain got worse.. they thought it was nothing but had me stay at 3am i had goo with blood told them, they checked and i was dilated to 3.. went in the whirlpol dilated to 7 in 20min and this was my first baby i thought you dilate slower.. but my little booger was breech so i had a c-section.
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2011