I need some support here.

We switched my almost 2 year old to a toddler bed today. This is her first night and she's being kind of grumpy about staying in bed. lol. Should I just keep trying and putting her back in bed? lol. Her older sister (who's been sleeping well in a toddler bed for about a year) is taking full advantage by making a game out of this with her. Oh brother. I need some words of encouragement.

Kword

Asked by Kword at 10:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep putting her back in bed.

It may be a tough couple of days but she will get the hint.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• just stay consistant with putting her in the bed. but dont let it turn into a fight, this is a happy thing! i know its frustrating but if you can keep her thinkings its a happy fun thing then it'll probably work better.
    just put her in bed without saying anything/giving it attention
    and eventually she'll fall asleep
    after a few minutes it'll just because normal for her!
    idk how old the sister is but if shes old enough explain to her why its important not to "make a game" out of it. etc
    or distract her with something else?if shes not already in bed
    GOOD LUCK
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:32 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• try letting her fall asleep with u and then placing her in the toddler bed. thats how i had to do my child the first few nights
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 10:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my 4 year old son is like that. when it is sleep time,he will refuse to do to bed, so i let him in fall a sleep in my bed. i have tried alot to let him sleep in his bed but i give up. it is not easy
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would tell her that if she spends 3 nights in her new bed that you will go shopping with only her and she can pick something special for her new bed like a new blanket, a fun pillow, a new stuffed animal to sleep with...she might like that prospect and by 3 nights you should be good.

Otherwise, just keep putting her back. Set a timer, give her 10 minutes of whatever she wants to do, then let her know it is lights out and she stays put.

Good luck!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I switch them into a toddler bed at 1, and a twin bed by 3 ( usually 2) and I close the door ( monitor on) and walk away! If they are still crying for 15 min. I go in, give a hug, place them back in bed , and do it over again, until sleep happens! Good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I may end up doing this. lol. I'm just afraid that she will "get used" to it and won't want to sleep on her own anymore. The funny thing is my three year old is acting up worse than she is. *sigh*
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Thanks guys. I'm trying, but she sure is stubborn! lol
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I did it! Yay! She slept all night in her new bed. :) They grow up too darn fast.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2011