Need some advice... on family...

Am I the only one who goes to a memorial and knows ahead of time there will be people I am dreading seeing? I really don't like certain relatives, and my Mom has some sick fascination with bringing them up to me. She knows what I don't like and tries to push the issue. It is like she loves getting me upset.
At first I was looking forward to it and now I am just dreading it, yet there is nothing I can do because the tickets or non-refundable.
And I had to tell my DD we are not going to Disneyland and all that. Because I was told there were tickets waiting for us, and now I was asked to pay for them. $120.00! Like I have that!
I am already paying for a hotel, car rental, and airlines tickets.
So I just said that we would come out another time and do Disneyland or something. Becvause we are not ewven out there for a full two days.
Am I wrong to be feeling this way.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 10:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't do anything thats going to stress ya out & make you uncomfortable. Your choice. I wouldn't. GL. : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• $120 for 2 tickets for Disney is CHEAP!!!! No your not wrong for feeling like that. I probably would to if I were in your position.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Can you ask your family if you can pay them back in installments for the disney tickets since you can't afford it all right now. That is really cheap.

But your absolutely right to be upset. And I would tell your mother to flat out quit her shit when it comes to putting you in uncomfortable situations intentionally. or if you really feel underhanded next time she does it just find some way to embarrass the crap out of her so she learns her lesson .... ok don't really do that, but thinking it sure is fun :)
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• You have to do what is comfortable for you.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• You are definately not the only one I hate family get togethers for the same reason....my Nana is totally obnoxious about insisting that I talk to people that I despise or only knew when I was too young to remember while she tries to explain why I should know who they are.

Plus I have a friend who had scheduled a flight to see her dad and step mom on their tab and they cancelled because she got laid off from her job. They told her that she was just too irresponsible to be trusted to take such a trip if she couldnt even maintain a job.

Anyway, good luck with your family.
    hlbhembree

Answer by hlbhembree at 10:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, it sounds like your mom is a huge button pusher and I think the way you are feeling is completely normal. If you were told that tickets were there for you, why don't you try to have that person(s) keep their commitment to you?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i would be upset to especially if your mom knows that you do not like them. maybe they ask to see you or something
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2011