To those of you who hope to adopt through foster care do you have this problem?

I have wanted to adopt for a very long time. We have children. I want to adopt a child through foster care services. I want to give a child a loving and stable home. We have plenty to share. We have been very blessed. I would have done it 2 years ago if it was just up to me but, my husband doesn't want too. I love my husband very much but, I think I married the wrong person. It is very important to me to help a little one. With out helping I feel as if I will never be whole. How can anyone not want to give love to a little one who is all alone in this world. Does he have a heart of stone. Does anyone else have this problem? What do I do? :0(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Adoption

• I did feel the same way with adoption period. My husband wanted to try for our own... have a "blood baby". And I knew all along that our baby was already out there waiting for us to find her... It took me waking up in a cold sweat after a nightmare one night, and telling him that our baby is waiting before he finally got the clue. Good luck!!!
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I always wanted to adopt, but my husband didn't think it was a good idea at first. I just told him to pray about it bc if God was planning it for me then He was planning it for him too. He did pray about it and we have adopted 8, gave birth to one, and will be adopting 3 more little angels soon.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• He may just be afraid of having his heart broken. Fostering isn't a guarantee that you will keep that child in your lives. It can be very rewarding, but also very risky emotionally. If you can't change his mind, there are other ways you can help these children. Check with DHS.
    Cheryl_Johns

Answer by Cheryl_Johns at 9:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My husband wanted to adopt as much as I did, but got very nervous at the last minute (right before I turned in the paper work to become foster parents.) I didn't know what came over him, but at one point he even told the licensing worker we weren't ready to become parents! I could've dotted his eye for that little move. We went through with it and he is the best dad I've ever known. I hope your hubby comes around, but make sure he really wants to adopt and not that he's just doing it to make you happy because that's the worst reason in the world to adopt.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 6:01 AM on Dec. 3, 2008