Do you have gang activity near your area ?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• We have kids who like to run around flashing hand signs and tagging things in the middle of the night. If you dropped them on the south side of Chicago at 1 AM they'd crap themselves.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• no thankfully. I think thats the good thing about living in a small town.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It's in the big city and some in the town about 15 miles from us. We see the bangers all over the place though. Lucky for us we have CWP's and we carry concealed everywhere we go because we can. Better to have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, not here . In the inner city of Minneapolis and North Minneapolis ,there are some gangs but I never go there and I don't see it,thank goodness.

What are CPW's and bangers, vbruno?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• @MINNESOTANICE......CPW..Carrying Concealed Pistol.......bangers...gang member aka gang bangers
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We used to have a good area considering we live with the city, but with the unemployment so high, and the kids have entirely to much time on their hands, I am seeing it more and more. What disturbs me the most is seeing evidence of the gang "MS-13" they are very very nasty people. The can give the old school mob's a run for their money in taking out "rats" or people who go to the cops.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• What disturbs me the most is seeing evidence of the gang "MS-13"

FWIW, seeing 13's pop up around town doesn't necessarily mean they've moved in, so much as it means your board teenagers have been doing some net research before they start tagging things. There's some of that around here, but it's not really them, it's kids wanting other kids to think they're affiliated. Dangerous game, considering it's not inconceivable that some day the real thing will roll through town demanding answers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Not in Northern MAine
    MissG2014

Answer by MissG2014 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We had some "wannabe's" they included a couple of high school cheerleaders and some of the local sports heros. They got busted by a couple of videocams. They had to spend a night in a "scared straight" type lockup at the county jail and spent a Saturday in orange jumpsuits cleaning up their mess. They have been pretty quiet since their pictures were posted in the paper.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No way thank goodness. We live in a really great neighborhood. I really pray for anyone who has to deal with gangs in the neighborhood.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 26, 2011