Fellow Christians--Do you need to "see God" to SEE GOD?

I know I don't have to see God to see Him in everything and everyone that is part of anything. I see Him when I look in the mirror,and see my reflection, knowing I am fearfully and wonderfully made in His Image. I see Him when I gaze into the blue eyes of the man God set apart for me,and blessed my life with to grow old next to Him. I see God when I look at my children and grandchildren, all miracles and gifts from a loving, giving God. I see God whenever I open His Word, and read of His will for my life, get the answers to the questions I have, and am comforted and educated. I see God whenever I walk outside,and see the world He created. And, when someone comes along, and questions how I can not "see" Him, and still believe, it's all in faith. We walk by faith and not by sight. But, that's the beauty of God. He gives us everything we need, without being seen, and we still know He's there. Someone questioning that, demanding "evidence" and whatever else has been said today only strengthens my faith in God and my resolve to follow Him. Not out of spite or saying "I'll show her." But because the more I talk about Him, the more I love Him, the more I trust in Him, and the more I know I made the right choice in choosing to follow God. And, this is wherer I'm staying.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• The bible says that a carnal mind do not understand spiritual things. with that said there is nothing you can do or say to someone who is blinded by the fog of life and who will probaby never see God in anything unless they have a heart broken up enough to receive him. You know that when ground is hard planting seeds is futile, of course the same goes with the heart. The bible says blessed is the pure in heart for they shall see God. I like to take it in this concept, a man/woman who has a heart totally committed to him will see him in everything. Obviously the people who challenge his existence have a hard and infertile heart and will never see God to say the least understand Him. Science is their only hope for getting through life which will one day come to an end. All we can do if pray that they will humble themselves before Him to receive all the blessings in store for them.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I tend to agree (haha, that's probably a first). Just because God isn't jumping out in some undeniable gesture or appearance doesn't mean I don't "see" Him. And just because I believe in Him doesn't mean I can't also believe in science or whatever we can ascertain from this world through our own abilities to reason and reflect. I "see" Him behind those things - people use the term the "Grand Mover", the One Who is behind it all. I don't have to reject these things to believe that there is more behind them. I find it funny that there have been so many in the field of science who have been able to see "beyond" the scope of their peers, who have been able to keep reaching and searching in this unlimited field of study, yet its so ridiculous for us to believe there may be still further we can go, that it is so "delusional" of us to believe there truly is Something More to discover...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I believe in God and see what he has created.
    But, you know, we have created too....it is not a bad thing to give credit to human beings and their accomplishments. He gave us the brains and the ability to live and create and think and decide and be responsible for our own lives.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• How many people laughed at each stage of development and discovery, just because they were willing to push past what was already known, what was already seen? When did our increasing ability to understand the world around us start to limit our ability to truly see the possibilities? Why are we, who believe in that Something More, who think there is even more we haven't uncovered, any more delusional or "wrong" than any of them? Mankind certainly isn't at the limit of what we can learn, certainly hasn't run out of things to discover. We *don't* know it all. So how is it so wrong of us to believe that, out of all we still haven't mastered or uncovered, there truly *is* Something worth believing in?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, I do not need to SEE God to know he's there :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Nope, I dont. But that's My walk with God. You have a great outlook on God and life to.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I, too, do not need to "see" God to see God. Spring time really, for me, is the best time of year to witness God's beautiful creations. Science just reinforces my belief in God. I guess it takes a science geek Christian to see the beauty and complexities of the world and wonder, "How can that all be just coincidence?" "How can there only be one Earth if someone didn't make it?" "If it could just happen, why isn't there many, many more?" Maybe I'm the only one who comes out of a science class and have a firmer belief in God, because believe me, it has happened more than once. I was a chemistry major in college before I had my son.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• "Actually BG, I've found myself agreeing with you quite a bit lately,and voting your answers up, so we may be making headway! LOL."

And the same to you! lol Its a happy change. And I do hope you know that just because we don't always agree doesn't mean there are ever any ill feelings. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't need to SEE God with my earthly eyes to see Him. I know He exists, without a doubt. But, that's called faith - faith is believing in what you can't see. What people don't realize is that we DO physically see Him everyday. I see Him when I look at my daughter, or when someone shows a shred of kindness to another they don't know, or even when someone takes the time out of their day to care enough to help someone they've never met before that day. God is everywhere, and I don't need to see His face to know that.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• As a child, I always believed in God. As I get older and learn more about science, I must admit that I sometimes question the existence of God. However, as I type that...I feel extremely guilty.............so I must truly believe. I just went to church today for the first time in quite some time. We have decided to commit every Saturday morning to church (7th day adventist). I want my daughter to grow up in the church (she already has been attending church for almost 2 year with her grandparents and she will be 3 soon). I love your faith and I want to reestablish mine. I have had experiences in my past that really made me feel like God was there for me.....I need to shape up. Thanks for this post.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2011