Soo irritated!

okay i have had our dd ALL day, while SO had some work to do and other things. literally i have fed her all day, changed every diaper, played w/ her, etc. (i'm not a stay at home mom btw, i go to school full time and work 20hrs a wk on top of taking 15 credits). he agreed to put her to bed so i could have a few min alone and then we'd eat dinner together afterwards...buttttt, he is in dd's room messing around creating a mess. i'm pissed b/c we agreed to be strict about her bedtime, as one night off throws off her whole routine and it ends up in days of her being difficult in the am and pm.

anyway, am i wrong to be wicked irritated right now?? maybe i'm being selfish, b/c i'd like to actually hang out w/ my SO since we haven't all week (he works long hours), but i just feel like it's imature of him to finally pay attention to dd when it's BED TIME!! ugh, guess this is more of a vent, but any commentary would be appreciated- thx! :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Wait....I didn't know my husband had a long lost twin!

Believe me....I understand that! Does he drag his feet coming to the dinner table when you have cooked a meal too?

Yes, bedtime is bedtime...no messing around with that I am the same. I have actually had the kids in bed only to go up and discover them running laps around the hall when dh goes to "tuck them in." What is THAT about?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Believe me, I used to YELL at him if he started playing around with the kids AT BEDTIME. He now cherishes the kids' bedtime :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I know all about that. I have two kids..and he thinks it's father daughters time right before bedtime...running around chasing each other. Drives me nuts, and I get extremely irrated. If I say anything though...I am just trying to ruin their fun, blah blah. He usually stops though and gets them calmed down. I just tell him if he wants to do that HE can put them to bed and deal with them coming out of their room every 5 minutes...
    Rocker.Mom.07

Answer by Rocker.Mom.07 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• just try to enjoy the time that you do have with him
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My DH annoys me on a couple different aspects when it comes to raising our son LoL Not anything major just lets him get away with things I won't and bedtime I've pretty much taken over so it gets done right LoL
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My dh is bad about getting the boys wound up at bedtime, but it's usually on a day I've told him I needed a break. So he's in their room hanging out with them. I suppose as men they assume we just want to be alone and try to stay out of the way and keep the children occupied. Can't say if your situation is the same, but perhaps you should let him know that you want to spend time alone with him, men are the worst at reading between the lines.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011