Why do people call jeahova GOD? if it says clearly in the bible....

that his name is jeahova and thats what he want to be called because he wants you to know him ...it basically says that GOD is like going up to your buddies and calling them SIR n MAM..you wouldnt do that right?...so why does everyone call him god as if he were an object..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Different interpretations...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Everyone all over the world speaks a different launguage and Jehovah means God so maybe thats why we say God???
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:04 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Being raised Catholic jeahova was not mentioned or taught.
    For me now, my spiritual beliefs include "God" but it is not related to the Bible, that is my opinion I'm not judging, and I know there are plenty of other secular believers who probably fall into this category.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Wait a second.... The Jew's call him Yahweh, and the Bible says that God told the Jew's I Am Yahweh so how do you explain THAT??
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i think they called him that back then bc ppl didnt know how to pronounce it??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• It's states clearly in the Bible that God has many names.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• He told the Jew's (his original chosen people) that he was Yahweh. He also called himself Lord, Most High, etc. Of course those titles were originally in Hebrew, but that doesn't make their English (or any other language) counterparts unacceptable.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• From what I understand, the Jews had many different names for God - from Elohim to YWH...
    And I don't believe it matters what we call Him.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• "it basically says that GOD is like going up to your buddies and calling them SIR n MAM"

I have never seen that verse in the Bible, nor anything like it. Could you point me there please so I can see for myself?

I agree with another poster, God has many names, God wants us to have a relationship with him, on a personal level. Why not call him "daddy"? Is that a sin?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Jehovah, Yahweh, Elohim, God, Jesus, I Am....He is all of those and many more. I personally don't see what difference it makes.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011