Men

ok ladies heres the thing i was invited too go out dancing with my friends and then sleep over at her house i have been out with her before and done nothing wrong. so my dh of 17 yrs is accusing me of cheating on him when he knows i wont. so here is my question. what should i do about this im just beside my self and he will not talk too me.any su

chris1975

Asked by chris1975 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• why do you sleep over , i wouldnt do that again
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Obviously dh is feeling insecure and uncomfortable about this outing. Is he like that about EVERYTHING, or just this particular event. Is it the event or the company?

I would say if it is the event, it isn't worth it to make him feel so uncomfortable. Sit this one out. If it is everything, then that isn't right either. You should be allowed some time with friends. Can you not do this one and do a different event that might be a little tamer in his perspective, like a movie and dinner out night for instance?

Another way to look at it, if he went to a club dancing with his buddies and said he wasn't coming home afterwards would you be comfortable? I am not sure that I would. My dh and I give each other a LOT of freedom. He frequently goes to friends homes and out to movies and I do too, but neither of us do things that make the other one uncomfortable. And we always come home at night. The sleepover chapter is closed now.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• let him calm down. i am goin thru the same thing just about. my dh is trippin here and there. situation is diff but same end result. i let him calm down then finally explain to him he is the only one i want and that if it bothers him that much i wont do it anymore with out him present
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 11:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yeah I agree with letstalk747 - I think sleeping over at a friends as an adult woman is probably NOT something I would do so I can see where he might have an issue. No matter what time I get home when I go out - I want to come home and be next to my honey.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• we went too the bar and no one was going too drive drunk. we had a bday party for a friend she got trashed and i dont drink. but they drank when we got back to the house and it was late and we have two kids i did not want him too have wake them too come all the way out there.
    chris1975

Comment by chris1975 (original poster) at 11:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• would it bother you if your husband did this. I would not like my husband out and about sorry i can see why he is upset
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:27 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't think that it is a good idea for you to sleep over at your friends house, it is like you might be trying to hide something from him. Even though you aren't.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:12 AM on Mar. 27, 2011