Jeahova witness....isnt it weird?

Has anyone remember about the story with noahs arc when jeahova told him to get all the animals together bc something really bad was gona happen and everybody laughed at him in his face????has anyone noticed that still to this day all the jeahova witness are like the only ones to get laughed at on tv..etc...and how the jeahova witness tell you to come to the truth if not armegedons gonna come and ppl not in the truth are goin to die?..HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT? if its basically the same thing that went on with noah..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think part of why they get so much flack is because so few people actually understand what they teach and believe - though that's our own fault, for not taking time to learn. I will admit that while I spend a lot of time studying the major faiths of the world - Islam, Buddhism, etc - I haven't taken a lot of time to understand what it is JW's teach. Not that I'm not interested, its just that there is *so* much to learn, and I take the material I can get when I can get it, lol. But I do believe if more people took the time to understand it, less would mock it - same with many other ways of faith as well. We'd probably see less people claiming all Muslims are terrorists, or that Pagans worship the devil, etc. It all just comes down to a willingness to take the time to truly understand one another.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Mormons are mocked in the media all the time too. Catholic jokes are big too.
    Anonymous

• Every religion is laughed at, quite honestly. Jehovah's Witnesses are not understood, even by those who study them. I know their beliefs and I still don't understand them. I feel like they're misguided. I don't laugh at them though. I pray for them.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• JW's are definitely not the only ones getting laughed at on tv. Armageddon is going to happen regardless. That takes place near the end of The Great Tribulation. Also, JW's are not the only religion that tells you to come to the truth.

popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• i agree with popzaroo
    god4gives

Answer by god4gives at 12:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'm not sure what TV you are watching, but I see jokes about just about every religion out there. We are big Simpson's and Family Guy fans in this house, so I'll use those for examples. I can think of times when Catholics, Jews, Muslims, JWs, Protestants, Pagans, Wiccans, Buddhists, Episcopalians and Mormons were "laughed" at on those shows... And that's without trying. So, I would love to know where you are watching TV that they are singling out JWs and not making jokes about everyone else... I'm sure there are comedy routines or shows or movies with DO single out one group over another, but in general there isn't just ONE groups with is laughed at.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No it's not the same thing.

Noah's arc is a myth, and JWs are annoying pests.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have to agree with a few others. I have invited the Jehovas witnesses into my home and asked them why they believe that only 144.000 people are going to Heaven. They slammed their Green book and didn't want to talk about it. If you read before and after that scripture you will see it worded a little different. And i believe they changed worship to suit them not the way the Lord intended. This is just my knowledge of it.
    mollybleu

Answer by mollybleu at 2:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• JW believe that only so many people can get into heaven. after how long the human race has been, i'm pretty sure all those slots have already been filled.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 3:28 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• It's JEHOVAH & they are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Sorry, had to correct that.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2011