Does your kid use a nebulizer for treating asthma ?

mine does

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, we have one at home and have to use it about twice a year. Allergy shots have made a huge, huge difference for our son.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We are not at the nebulizer stage, YET. After 3 years of constant doctor visits and me explaining over and over that it was NOT normal for a child to go into coughing fits after five min of play a doctor FINALLY listened to me and put him on Singulair and albuteral inhaler for emergencies, he is 3.
    reaandiziesmama

Answer by reaandiziesmama at 11:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We have one and used to use it quite a bit, still do if she needs it. The doctor put my 3 year old on an inhaler so if we are out and about we can get to it fast if needed.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• No, she has two inhalers and go Thursday for a sweat test to see if she has cystic fibrosis. Praying the test is negative.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Yep. As needed use. He still has his MDI's for daily use. We he starts to get bad I can do treatments here at home. Taking him to the ER for treatments is so hard on him. He knows if we go there they are likely going to stick him for blood gases. It's made a huge difference for us.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• yes but if we're lucky it's only 2 flare ups a year now. He's 6, will be 6 1/2 on April 30th. He seems to now have a flare up mid summer when it's humid and he's super duper active and also around sept/oct when kids are back in school and germ/flu season begins
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• my kids are on pulmicort every nite. they also get albuterol when needed. they are also on allergy meds. they just had flared us. so they were both on prednisone and ds was on amoxxicillian
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:30 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We are not at the nebulizer stage, yet and I'm hoping we won't have to do this. But after 3 years of constant doctor visits and me explaining over and over that it was NOT normal for a child to go into coughing fits after five min of play a doctor finally listened to me and put him on Pro-Air and Albuteral inhaler for emergencies; he has an inhaler at home and one at school
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yes my daughter has one, she hates it, she says it makes her mouth taste funny. but my opinion is at least you can breath. and it cuts down on ER, visits
    lizlil

Answer by lizlil at 2:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011