How can I tell if my 2 1\2 is ready to be potty train.He is pilling everything oo that I pit on him

dorothy34

Asked by dorothy34 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try lettin him in big boy undies during the day and tell him let me know if u got to go pee. talk him every 15 mins to pee and start up the time in between til he starts tellin u when. if he aint ready he will wait til after u help him off the pot to go. its how my 3 yr old done me at beginnin of the training process
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 12:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Is he showing any interest in going potty or not wearing a diaper anymore?
    My son is also 2 1/2 and he is fully day trained (still a heavy wetter at night)... he first showed interest in using the potty so we started to work on that... then we got him some cool big boy undies, jelly beans for a reward and a sticker chart later on... we started with Jelly beans because he thought it was pretty special as he doesn't usually get candy... we did 1 for attempts, 2 for a potty and 3 for a poop on the potty. As he got the hang of it we moved to a sticker chart with his favorite stickers....
    Now he's been trained for about a month :)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Google "toilet training readiness" and you'll see some useful info.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2011