33 weeks -- braxton hicks contractions? whats goin on?( a lil TMI)

I am 33 weeks , and that I know of, i have not yet had any braxton hicks contractions. For the last 3 days however, i have been having menstral like cramps. They start in my back, and move forward. They are not extremely painful, but i notice them. I can't really tell if my tummy tightens or not, it is so stretched it is always extremely hard. I am just worried that this can be like pre labor or something....

More details--

I have been more exhausted than ever for about the last week
I have loose bowel movements all the time
I have horrible pressue down in my groin area--- it is like getting a muscle cramp, and having someone pinch you all at once - i can't even walk.

i dont wanna call my doctor because everytime i do, he tells me " oh, its probably just normal..." so

anyone experience the same things, should I worry ?
or is it "normal"

o0o_Alleigh_o0o

Asked by o0o_Alleigh_o0o at 5:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Unfortunately all pretty normal. Your body is getting ready for birth and well that's just what it does. If the cramps get worse, and you can't do anything BUT notice how painful they are start timing them. If you change positions and they lessen or go away, they are braxton-hicks. Just try to stay off your feet as much as you can. You can take pepto bismol for the loose stool. Wish I could offer more help, but I can't. Don't you just hate it when you can't control your own body anymore?? Chin up, not too much longer.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I'm one week ahead of ya and have the same exact thing. I just go into labor and delivery and it's been a bladder infection 2 times and once it's been because of stress and heat. I hope everything gets better :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 5:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i had the same thing. its just your body getting ready to have the baby. everyone told me that i would know when i was really in labor & had to go to the hospital & i didnt understand how if it was my first baby how i would know, but when the time comes you really do just know. i went through waht your going through for about 2 weeks before i had my daughter.
    hayleesmommy07

Answer by hayleesmommy07 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I had braxton-hicks contractions often during my pregnancy.They really do go away when you stop what you're doing and rest.If they don't, call your doc.I know you don't want to but that's why he's your doctor.People told me I would definitely know when I was in labor.I didn't know I was in labor.I had the contractions and I had the show once before so I thought this must be the same thing again.People have different levels of pain tolerance too, ya know.even when my water broke, I thought it was just a little pee.My nurse told me I should have been at the hospital 8hrs ago.Lost a lot of fluid, they actual replaced some during the birth.Everything turned out fine, though.When you really need to know, best to call your doctor.
    callico

Answer by callico at 7:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It's all down hill from here. The baby is coming very soon. All the things that are happening to you is the beginning of childbirth. Time is here....whooo hooo!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 8:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I had similar symptoms at 33 weeks and casually mentioned it at my weekly appointment. Turned out I was 2 cm dialted and 80% effaced with contractions coming every 2 minutes...I had no idea! I spent the next three days in hospital trying to stop pre-term labor...which is so not fun, but worth it. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow thanks to the meds I took. It's always better to call, just in case.
    ASgirl

Answer by ASgirl at 10:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2008