what do gilblets in a turkey look like?

I pulled the neck and something that looked like noodles out. Did I get everything out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Food & Drink

• they are usually wrapped in paper
    Anonymous

• Giblets are the internal organs and the neck of a turkey (and sometimes in a whole fryer). Sometimes they are packaged nicely in paper, but if not, you're looking for four things: the heart, liver, and gizzard, and then the easily recognizable neck. They are used for boiling into a soup stock, or for making giblet gravy. Some cultures like to fry up the organs and eat them ~ my mexican ex- used to really get upset if I pulled them out and threw them away. DO NOT give them to your pets to eat, and if you have a dog (or talented cat) that likes to get into your trash, be sure to take them outside to the garbage, as they'll make animals sick if uncooked.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008