His Girlfriend...

So, my twins' father has a new girlfriend. She is SO sweet and loving to my girls! She buys them things, and spoils them. I like her for that, but 1. She HATES me. Like REALLY REALLY hates me! and 2. I don't want them to grow up calling HER mommy.

He is a real player, so It may not last long. But, how do I deal with as of now.
I don't want to hate, and look selfish, but I don't want my kids so love me less, even though they aretwo young to know anything now.

Please Help!

GraciesMommy464

Asked by GraciesMommy464 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Try not to anticipate too much. Maybe since she seems to like your girls and treat them well you'll find a common bond to be amicable as things progress, or then again you could be stressing about a temporary situation. It's never right for any child with two parents to be calling another individual Mommy or Daddy, does their dad agree with this? Maybe once she's been around awhile and you can feel more certain she's sticking around you can have that conversation with him or both of them, without the girls on neutral ground.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:39 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would just be grateful that you know she treats then well. :) I think your worries are legitimate but I really wouldn't worry too much about it unless you notice her calling herself "Mommy" to them or something. How much time do they spend with them? Good luck, Mom.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Why would they grow up calling HER mommy??? You are their mother and in their life right??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I spend time with them all the time! I am a dedicated mom! And Right, I AM their mom, and no one can change that, right?
    GraciesMommy464

Comment by GraciesMommy464 (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• just try to see how things go. this would be very hard but no matter what your kids know who there mom is and that is you. no one can ever take your place!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• sweetie i have the same thing cept its my hubbys baby mama. theres no way to completely make her happy.
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 2:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Don't sweat the small stuff. If they do call her mommy it is only because of the Stuff that she buys them, it will pass.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• They aren't going to love you less, and if you don't want them calling her mommy then tell them you are their mother, the only one they'll ever have. As far as her hating you, she's probably just jealous that you still have a connection with her bf.
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 11:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Be the bigger person, don't let it bother you. Maybe with time you'll grow closer and you'll look back on this and laugh.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You are their mommy, and they know that. Children's hearts have so much room to grow. When they love someone else, it doesn't interfere with their love for those that they have loved for longer periods of time.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 5:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2011