What would you ladies think

If your husband slept on the couch MOST nights....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• He does, and I sleep better for it, although some nights do tend to get somewhat lonely :/

Have you asked him why he sleeps on the couch? Mine does 1. because I don't sleep well with his snoring self next to me and 2. most nights he can't sleep himself, so he watches TV until he falls asleep (has insomnia problems).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I would think that my couch must be more comfy...or I snore. I am usually the one that sleeps on the couch as DH snores, elbows me in the face, and hogs the bed. Also..he likes to watch TV and have it on all night and I like silence.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• need more details
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We have this arrangement, I am the one with difficulty sleeping so I'm usually the one on the couch. Sometimes it ends up putting a strain on our relationship, when this happens we try to schedule adult only time and get the grandparents to watch the kiddo so we can do some bonding, talk about the situation, what we're missing, and get in some cuddling closeness time.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Mine is currently there, but that is as a result of his own actions. But I also enjoy it because if my 3yr gets in bed, there is more room...(plus our sofa is more comfortable then the bed anyways.
    bingogurl

Answer by bingogurl at 11:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• So.. this is can be a common practice among married people. Hypothetically speaking, what if your husband slept most nights on the couch and you weren't having sex but maybe once a month or once every two months?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Hypothetically... I'd straight up ask him. Or tell him we were going mattress shopping so he can pick a bed that we would both be comfortable sleeping in....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Then I would be concerned :/ I likes my sex.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• We only have sex every 4-6 weeks...which is totally normal for us. It has been this way for 11 years.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd be bothered. My DH falls asleep once in a while and I enjoy having the whole bed to myself but generally we sleep together. Why is your hubby sleeping on the couch? Something you might want to talk to him about if it bothers you.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2011