How do I tell my boyfriend it's either marriage or nothing without sounding so desprite?

divamommy301

Asked by divamommy301 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Fisrt off never give a ultamatem. You may not like the result. Bring up the subject as casually as possible and try to seewhere he stands.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't think you can?? Have you guys discussed marriage?? Is this something BOTH of you want?? I'm old fashioned.. I want my s/o to ask me without feeling any pressure from me and only because he 100% wants to... Good luck to you hun!
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 11:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Thanks for the advice. I have tried that, one minute he says he wants to spend the rest of his life with me next minute its some thing different.
    divamommy301

Comment by divamommy301 (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I don't know- if that is how you REALLY feel, you have to give him the truth. You may not like the results, but you'll have your answer. Just be prepared for both answers to be a possibility.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I am just tired of these dead end relationships I have 2 children I don't want to keep bringing men in and out of their life. He wants me to stay with him so why not marriage?
    divamommy301

Comment by divamommy301 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have always felt why would you want to push a man into marriage, they either want to or they don't... your guy just sounds like he has cold feet...don't push him or he will get even colder feet. You could just ask him random questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years or 1o"
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• thanks so much for the advice, I guess I have alot to think about and how to approach the situation.
    divamommy301

Comment by divamommy301 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• best advice i could give is bring it up in a convo. see how he feels bout the subject. something like have u ever thought about gettin married and see what he says. u give an ultimatum and u make ppl feel cornered and their decision may not b the one u wanted
    LindasueDa

Answer by LindasueDa at 12:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• @ Linda thnx and your right. He has been engaged before but I don't know the real story what all happen and why it didn't work out.
    divamommy301

Comment by divamommy301 (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• OP...it's you and your childrens' lives. Tell him what you want. If you don't have the same wants/desires/goals....it's best to move on now. I understand why you feel the way you do and it's commendable that you are concerned with bringing men in and out of their lives. You must find a man that wants the same things you want. I hope it all works out for you. Best wishes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2011