What would you do?

My husband and I have two children. He wants a third, like now! I honestly don't want anymore, I had 2 rough pregnancies and my body just doesn't handle it well. I don't enjoy it and unfortunately I'm not a woman who can embrace her "mom bod". Even after losing the baby weight I just feel extremely self concious and I hate it. I know he really wants a third child so I am willing to have another if that's what's meant to be. I just want to wait...how long, I don't know. He's in the Army with 4.5 years left on his contract and very likely getting out. He says he doesn't want to have a child in diapers at that point, and has made some other good points..like I could have the baby soon and then get started on my career rather than having to put it on hold.
I love my children and I love that I have been here for all my daughter's firsts, but I get so bored being a SAHM and I feel like my contributions aren't enough for our family.
SO, just given this information, would you rather wait, or try sooner?

P.S. Thanks for reading this, I know its a bit long

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Have you considered adopting? IMO, it's a win-win, you get another child, without the pregnancy. And the best part, you are giving a child a home with loving parents.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I have 4 kids and have finally gotten my career underway. My older 2 are 10 months apart and my younger 2 are 16 months apart and have taken a toll on my body. Now my husband and I only have 1 child together and I have been wanting another one really bad, but I am waiting to have #5 so I can finish school and enjoy my career before going back to the baby days if my doctor gives me the ok.

My answer for you is....if its not a financial issue holding you back, check with your doctor to see if your body is able to handle another child and if so, the rest is totally how you feel about doing the baby stages again. :)
    bingogurl

Answer by bingogurl at 12:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• you know, we have talked about it for a long time. He has always wanted to adopt a little girl from China and we looked into it but for that you have to be 25-30 years older than the child you are adopting. Maybe I will find some info on adopting from here. Thank you for pointing that out to me :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Does your DH really understand how you are feeling? If you don't want another baby then you shouldn't have one "just for him" because you may end up resenting your child more. I would suggest foster child or adoption. Good luck with your decision.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• talk to him about it. You career doesnt need to be on hold if you dont have aanother baby. And if you have your good reason why you dont want another he should accept it! Like someoen else said what about adoption? Other point there is you dont need to adopt a baby thats still in diapers, there are also kids who are older and lots of people dont wanna adopt thme cause most people like babies.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 12:27 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• If you have doubts then I would wait until you both are absolutely sure. After all, if you change your mind later then you can't take it back.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Since he wants another child, Make him have it LOL
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Adoption seems like an option you should look more into.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2011