Is having a really good babysitter a secret to keep?

It took me a LONG time to find a really good babysitter. I was use to paying $60 just for 2-3 hours for four kids...when only one was in diapers and the rest could tend to themselves...just needed supervision. I've been living in the area and finally wanted to just get out and do things...so I put in the effort, made a few calls...and found a sitter that is certified with first aid and what not...and she gave me a sibling discount...so I'm paying $10 for two kids per hour. A steal of a deal in my mind.

One of my "friends" since I really lack offline friends...who I will admit, seems to get things handed to her needed a sitter. She gets on my nerves because I have to work hard to do things on my own. I'm responsible enough to do things...now responsible enough to know when to ask for help.

She just had a baby maybe a week ago and her anniversary is around the corner. She's asking for a sitter. Well, me and my youngest are having coughing fits so I wouldn't offer my help...but I gave her my babysitter's number and I'm regretting it. I don't know how I just "handed" it to her...but now I'm thinking if I need a sitter...this friend might have called before me and taken the spots I needed so I could get out of the house. I'm just weird like that...but maybe it should've been one of those secrets to keep.

Would you consider a REALLY good babysitter...one of those secrets to keep?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 12:03 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes possibly. You helped your babysitter though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'm glad that you got a babysitter that you like really well. That doesn't happen often. Did you ask the babysitter if she would consider sitting for a friend first? I would have asked her to see if she was willing to babysit other friends of yours before you tell your friends about her. You don't have to tell your friends what you really think about her, but that's your choice. Unless your friends want a reference.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:51 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• it is really nice that you have found a babysitter that you like and trust and yes we often become protective when we find someone that is good with our children and that we can trust; as the others have said it doesn't happen very often. I think like the other poster said though I would ask the babysitter if she wouldn't mind babysitter for one of your friends.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Plan when you need her well in advance and reserve her. You did a nice thing and that is never bad.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2011