Depression

whats a way to get over being depressed? i lost my 17 month old lil girl a month ago on monday and im extremely close to losin my mind right now. i am home alone so i figure that is why im gettin as low as i am right now. it always bothers me but tonight more than normal

LindasueDa

Asked by LindasueDa at 12:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am so sorry for your loss. Just know that your little girl is watching over you and she wouldnt want to see her Mommy so sad. If it makes you feel better, you can always talk to her, or write her letters in a journal. Focus on your other children, and try to get out of the house more. Being around other people sometimes helps. Hugs to you, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 12:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'm so sorry to hear that. It's going to take time. Grieving is normal and since it has only been a month, it will take a while (a long while) to deal with it. It won't happen over night. It's okay to talk to someone to help you deal with this. Your friends and your family should be a big support system for you. If you have to get some counseling or maybe a support group with other moms that have gone through the same thing. A support group would be great because there would be other people who have gone through the same and and they can tell you how they deal with it too. I'll pray for you and hope that you will be able to get through this.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• sorry to hear about your loss it is hard to lose someone and especially hard when it is a child. it does take time and you are going through the grieving process; maybe find someone or a group that you can talk to that have gone through this also. Talk to your doctor and they may be able to help you also. We are here if you need someone to talk to or just to let out emotions.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am so sorry. Do you think you might go to a parents' grief group? They can be very helpful. I am concerned that you are alone. Call your local hospital for recommendations, your pediatrician, your doctor, and even a funeral home. Just one idea.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2011