bleeding diaper rash

please help me, my poor angel is miserable i took her to the doctor monday morning and he gave her some cream to put on it, but it started to bleed today so it not getting any better in fact its getting worse. i havent been using wipes on her i use soap and water to clean her with after she has a dirty diaper and ilet her air dry. i even take her diaper off a few times a day just to let her air out. what else can i do should i take her back to the doctor friday since tomorrow is a hoilday and they will be closed or should i just wait it out and see if the cream will do its job

J_L_Fshr

Asked by J_L_Fshr at 9:10 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't wash her so much. Keep using the cream and just keep a towel under her. Let her go for much longer periods diaper free. poor baby.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:13 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i have had this problem with my dd. try not to use soap. it can be really irritating to an open wound. i would sit her in an oatmeal bath. lol i dont know exactly what it does, but it is supposed to be soothing to the skin.... and i agree about leaving her diaper off as much as possible. and if you must keep one on, leave it loose
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 9:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• if it's getting worse stop using the cream, this happened to my son letting her air dry is a great idea don't use soap to wash it or wipes like you said the soap has fragrance that will hurt, just sit/ stand her in a bath with just water and rinse, keep her air drying that's what i did and it worked. poor girl :(
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 9:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• that sounds like a yeast infection. Baby may be allergic to the antibiotic in the ointment, or you may not have an antibiotic ointment. Go back to your doctor, but until you can I would agree with putting her in a bath once a day and just rinse with warm water, let her airdry and air out as much as you can, and avoid putting anything on it. If you have to diaper baby, you can use baby powder that is unscented to keep her skin drier, but make sure there's no bleeding first as it can infect a sore spot.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• dont use soap just water and call the doctor back asap i know it is a holiday but they have an answering service and a doc will get back with you within ten minutes or so . go get on the phone it is hurting her more than it is you
    Anonymous

• I agree with Farrhann. The soap can be very irritating and the diapers keep the area moist. When my daughter had this problem, i put down like 4towls and a huge blanket, and I let her crawl around on it with no diaper AFTER I knew she had pooped (to avoid a messy clean up) for about 1 -2 hours.
    But that really depends on her age as far as the crawling around part anyway!
    She will be ok!
    jimmyntrina4eva

Answer by jimmyntrina4eva at 9:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• that sounds like a yeast infection diaper rash. it happens when yeast (from the intestines) irritates the skin and becomes infected. you'll need a special cream, RX only. its called VUSION. its done miracles for my son.

ALSO, have you just started to introduce solid foods? thats when it popped up for my son. if you want more info on that...send me a message.

charliesmom910

Answer by charliesmom910 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• ya I would call the doctor. Mine told me just to use warm water not soap
    Anonymous

• and try triple paste cream!!
    Anonymous

• the soap might be drying her out. Try just using water. Let her stay diaper-free as much as possible. Unless you need to leave the house or you're putting her in her crib, just keep a towel under her. It takes a lot of diaper off time and a lot of cream to heal bad diaper rash.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2008