Some things non-believers should know.

Okay, I've had it with all the posts that say God doesn't do anything for them, so here ya go:

You say He isn't the one who gave you a job: Yes He did. Romans 10:14 explains that God asks us to spread His word - that's our only job.

You complain about pain and suffering: SATAN GAVE YOU THAT, NOT GOD.

You complain how hard your life is: Buck up! You're not the only one with problems, the problem is though, you don't take your problems and give them to God. He told us "bring your problems to me, I am your solution".

You talk all big about how you KNOW He doesn't exist, and how Christians are blindly following a myth: Really??? You lived back in biblical times? You walked with Jesus? You were there at His birth? Tell me, what was Joseph like? How was it to find out that the only Christ was being born?....oh wait...that's right, you're blindly following YOUR myth....

All I'm saying is, I can't stand to have someone put down my faith and my Savior. Don't accept Him, not my problem. But, when I come up to you and I say "He loves you" don't tell me He doesn't. I know better than that. I had the worst life possible, and I doubted God for so long. Then, I gave Him my troubles. I said "Lord, it's yours. You promised me I wouldn't do this alone, and I'm takin you up on that." And, you know what? After that, I found a man who wanted to stay with me, who didn't physically beat me. We had a child together. My relationship with the people around me became a trusting one. I ain't afraid of anything anymore, because I know when I step out that front door in the morning, I am in God's hands. He does have a plan, and I wish you'd wake up and see it. Don't say no one ever gave you that chance. Now, commence your hatred towards me for having love in my heart enough to take the hurtful things you have to say and STILL try to bring you to a better life. I don't care, I'm not reading them. This "religious" debate is a joke - it's just atheists trying to sell people on a hopeless excuse for being ignorant.

shaysmommy5810

Asked by shaysmommy5810 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Darling, you shoud have read ALL the comments on some of those posts. You had some non-believers stickin up for you! I'm going to leave it at that because I think you posted this out of frustration at all the anti-theist posts that have popped up lately and no one can blame you. Everyone is getting sick of them Believers and non-believers alike!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Okay.

You're saying you don't want to hear what Atheists have to say, but demanding they here what you have to say, and then telling them how they are allowed to answer you. This should go well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Non-believers don't complain. We just don't believe. And I not ignorant. Honestly you're the one. I haven't seen one Atheist complain about God. Atheist accept that their are believers out there. Why can't SOME believers accept that there are non-believers?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have often said:

I have no problem with a Christian stating: "Jesus is my lord and savior."

HOWEVER

I have a huge huge huge problem with a Christian saying to me: "Jesus is YOUR lord and savior."
    ...because he's not.

And the OP and other pushy Christians like her need to open their eyes and realize that not everyone in the world shares, or will ever share their world view.

Your Jesus didn't give me my job. U-STOP did.
    Satan doesn't cause my pain. The natural course of the Universe and the cause and effect of karma does.
    My life is hard because...LIFE IS HARD!!!
    And since the OP didn't live back in biblical times either, point #4 is moot.

All in all, this little rant is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle stupid.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Non-believers in what?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• blah blah blah. Are you done? I am not atheist. I believe in god just not the way you do. We believe what we believe. You are entitled to believe how you believe but if you ever came up to me and said "Jesus loves you", I would turn my back to you. You didn't live during that time either so I am interested to see how you know so much. I bet you wouldn't know much about Jesus except word of mouth if the bible had not been put together the way it had..oh that is right...men wrote the bible but anyway, how the heck do you think it was written? By word of mouth mostly!
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• If you don't want people putting down about your faith then posting this wasn't a great idea. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just because someone doesn't agree with your beliefs does not make them ignorant, labeling someone as ignorant for that is ignorance. I'm sure there are plenty of women who believe in God that have been in abusive relationships. Prayers are not always answered, believing in God does not solve all problems. There have been many people with sick dying children, people in really horrible situations, who have lived really horrible lives, that have prayed every day, every hour, and never had them answered. I'm not saying you are wrong for what you believe and I would never have hatred towards anyone for their personal religious beliefs, everyone has the right to believe in what they want.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• "But, when I come up to you and I say "He loves you" don't tell me He doesn't."

If you came up to me with the attitude that you're having, and got offended when you spoke your religion to me, you'd be on the floor! Who the hell do you think you are? To call anyone who doesn't believe in YOUR god ignorant? really? some 'christian' you are! It's fine for you to believe what you want to believe, but keep your attitude to yourself, if not, shame on you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You talk all big about how you KNOW He doesn't exist, and how Christians are blindly following a myth: Really??? You lived back in biblical times? You walked with Jesus? You were there at His birth? Tell me, what was Joseph like? How was it to find out that the only Christ was being born?....oh wait...that's right, you're blindly following YOUR myth....

****OMG...YOU were there?! :) I'd probably laugh if someone told me "Jesus loves you." However, I wouldn't call them ignorant for believing what they want to believe. It doesn't bother me for people to believe what they want...why does it bother other people so much.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You say He isn't the one who gave you a job: Yes He did. Romans 10:14 explains that God asks us to spread His word - that's our only job. Those are the words of PAUL- a HUMAN. He created Christianity and of course wanted it to spread, so what better way than to make it something you HAVE to do.

You complain about pain and suffering: SATAN GAVE YOU THAT, NOT GOD. Any deity that would stand by and do nothing and allows Satan to tortured the humans he professes to 'love' is an asshole and anything BUT loving. The fact that you think that kind of behavior is acceptable, worhty of praise, worship and your love is disgusting and to me, shows you have a twisted concept of what love and kindness really is!

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2011